Con Amore

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Con Amore

A music based, slice of life, romance visual novel.

2 posters

Editor Application - jarek56

jarek56

Editor Application - jarek56 Empty Editor Application - jarek56

Post  jarek56 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Greetings, one and all of the Con Amore team!
    I'm known online as jarek56, or Jarek to those who know me well. I am a national of the United States of America and live in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I am, for the most part, a lurker of the strange and distant parts of the internet, but am mostly harmless (but for my...occasionally off-topic posts of madness. Residents of the forums of Somnova need not be reminded of this. Razz ) I am 22 years old, and male.

I am currently applying for the position of Editor for the Con Amore project. As you smart people have PROBABLY recognized by this point in the application...if you haven't then, well...

NOT A GOOD TIME TO INSULT MY POTENTIAL SERVICE EMPLOYERS! MOVING ON!

Sadly, I have no...official experience in the good position of project/publication editor. If it at all counts, I currently have been attending Old Dominion University for the past 4 years in pursuit in the major of Clinical Psychology, and have...much experience in proof-reading and college-level editting purposes. I am highly familiar (intimately, more than I care to be) with word processors, particularly Microsoft word 97-2003, and Notepad applications. I am also versed in the usage of PDF files, basic conversion of text files, and the formatting of written works both fictional and professional/educational in nature. I am a VERY skilled reader with a (if I do say so myself) excellent vocabulary, and enjoy reading long, mindless seas of text and nonsense. I am a new, if avid, reader of VNs at this time. I am also a haunt of TvTropes, so expect...many many references... Laughing

Onto the Writing sample! I shall post this seperately in the thread I have started, and can certainly offer further examples of writing. Sadly, I do not possess a deviantArt profile, blog space, or any other independent web page for my work. If it helps, I am rather active on Gaia Online (or used to be) as a participant in long-term RPs. If nothing else, the SHEER WALLS OF TEXT I wrote for those could give a quick, dirty idea of my general writing skills, and the sample I provide will give an idea of what I can do if allowed...15 minutes with a Word Processor.

Thank you all for your time, and patience, and I hope I can be, and will remain, of assisstance!

Sincerely,
    jarek56

P.S.- If you haven't guessed, I literally copy and pasted Waytfm's Application sticky, and formatted my applications to nearly exact scale. Rolling Eyes
    jarek56

Editor Application - jarek56 Empty Re: Editor Application - jarek56

Post  jarek56 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 pm

This is a Writing Sample for a RP I was involved in, starring as a Medical Android. This is an in character post. I have more from this story, if desired.

Erik, Savior Android

Where am I?

That individual thought, for but a moment, crossed Erik’s mind. He tried to open his eyes, but they refused to budge. Darkness. That was all he saw now. He tried to move, tried to breathe, but nothing. Finally, after what felt like hours, he finally opened his eyes, and saw death.

Everywhere, across a wide, inner-city street, laid the moaning forms of the sick and dying. As far as his eyes could see, white tents with the Red Cross dominated the seemingly dead city full of only those who faltered in their too-human mortality. Doctors and medical personnel, those who were meant to work wondrous powers upon those who suffered, those meant to lay their hands upon feverish brows and shivering bodies and heal them of their suffering, now instead wore heavy clothes, gas masks, and sealed suits. With this…Plague, as it was called now, there could be no chances taken.

Erik shivered a bit, then sat up with a bolt as he realized he had felt another symptom of…humanity. He looked at his arm, the enhancements in his cleverly-disguised, mechanical eyes already showing graphs and charts, analyzing his sudden reaction. He had reacted with stress to a sudden realization. He had been afraid.

That scared him all the more. But it meant something more. He COULD be scared. He’d been so before, but now…it was on his own.

Maybe Yamura would like to know. She always seemed interested in these things, something he always liked about her when they talked during routine maintenance. She always cared, in that cheerful sort of way, giggling at innocuous comments that he would spend days of valuable processor time turning over in his head.

He stood up, a small message popping up in the back of his head, from the head of the medical staff. Get to work, Erik, it said. You’re our only hope for direct analysis.

Erik, as was his custom, brushed his golden locks out of his eyes, beautifully crafted hair from a near perfect human body that would never be entirely human. He pulled on his white coat, and with a thought, started his basic diagnostic routines. Sleep, no matter how…vital, as he was told, was a new experience, and this fear, though non-threatening…that was something Yamura would like to know about. Best to get a full record of the incident. He wanted her approval so very much, as he unknowingly blushed a deep red as his body reacted in its far too human way. He walked out of the sleeping tent, past the armored, intimidating soldiers in their hulking, matte black power armor and full environmental systems that kept them safe from the Plague.

The Savior, as he was called in hushed tones, bent down to the first patient he came across, and began to ask the office worker her name and story. Those kind, cool blue eyes held no sign of inhumanity, many thought. Whispers of his…artificial nature were casually disregarded. Who could think this of so kind a man, boy really, who was miraculously immune to this disease, and used his power to comfort and even heal? Erik did not know, but then, even if he did, he probably wouldn’t have cared. Understanding, thinking, talking, those were his duties, as far as he ever had known them.

He was no robot of cold metal and harsh voice. He was Erik, and he had a job to do. Without compensation, or expectation thereof, he did it. It made the people, those sick, hurt people, smile through their pain, and as far as he was concerned, that was all he wanted.

“So you worked at Brewster Street? Interesting…I like a small sub place there…” Erik smiled at the thought of the meatballs as he talked. “I’d love the chance to show it to you once you’re better.” The middle-aged woman, lonely and tired as she was, smiled, though the sores lanced her with pain; they seemed angry at her denial of their existence. But she smiled anyway, and the pain subsided as small probes in Erik’s hand gently sprayed a dose of medicine on her sweating arm. Erik liked that little improvement of Yamura’s. It was a lot better than needles, and faster too.
    jarek56

Post  jarek56 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am

Out of sheer curiousity, is there something I haven't done correctly, or forgotten to include? I just want to do this right...thanks again for the oppurtunity. Very Happy
    Ravenous
    Ravenous

Post  Ravenous Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Its just that christmas is next week. It is a little difficult to get people together to discuss your application.
    jarek56

Post  jarek56 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:36 pm

...Oh. And here I've been checking this daily, freaking out that you all didn't like me. Sorry, sorry! I'll stop bothering you...I have GOT to remember don't have my...rather significant amount of free time...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 am